Electric, Gas & Hybrid Water Heaters
Water heater come in many types and sizes. Our trained team will help you choose the best water heating solution for your family needs. We suggest ENERGY STAR products because they are kind to your heating bills and the environment. Depending on your how water needs, space, and fuel type we can find a water heater solution this is best for you and your budget.
Most storage-tank water heaters look alike on the outside. But when you open a cross-section of gas and electric storage-tank models you find paying a little more typically buys a better water heater. Those with longer warranties tended to have larger heating elements, thicker insulation, and thicker or longer corrosion-fighting metal anodes.
Natural gas and hybrid electric water heaters deliver the most cost savings annually to consumers. Hybrid heaters meld an electric storage-tank heater with a heat pump that captures warmth from the air. Those we tested provided annual savings of about 60 percent over electric-only models.
Choosing a storage water heater, things to consider:
- Capacity-from 30 gallons to 105 gallons
- Fuel source
- Urgency of need-how often in a two hour period do you need hot water for washer, shower, baths, or dishwasher loads
Our trained team will help calculate the best capacity water heater for your home water heating needs taking in account the three variables above. Exact Plumbing suggests you take in account the following when purchasing a water heater:
- Heating source
- Warranty – typical warranties are between 3 and 12 years, we suggest choosing a water heater with at least a 10 year warranty
- Anti-scale devices – help reduce mineral scale which shortens the life of your water heater
- Brass versus plastic valves – Exact Plumbing suggest always choosing brass for their long wearing attributes
- Display mode – the new digital displays allow for customization of usage over the older manual displays
- Space requirement – hybrid systems take up more space, if space is at a premium we suggest a tankless water heater
- Safety concerns – especially important with natural gas models, be sure to install a carbon monoxide alarm
Most of the models that Exact plumbing installs have an efficiency rating of 90%, important when considering heating costs.
Call Exact Plumbing today for replacing your water heater, changing to a new tankless model, or repairing your current water heater.